Cosumnes River College Earth Day
Wednesday, April 20th, 2016
10:00am to 2:00pm
Earth Week events on the quad
* 11am – noon Earth Day Storytelling
* Check out the SacEV electric and plug-in hybrid cars!
* Come see the CRC Tiny House for the SMUD competition!
* Meet members of Students for a Sustainable Future Club
* Enjoy fun displays with the Solar Club and Construction Program students
* What is your “ecological footprint?” Find out!
* Learn about Environmental Economics
* How much paper do we use at CRC? See the display!
* Learn about Green Architecture
* Want to quit smoking? Help is here!
* Learn from the display of green products
* Enjoy music with CRC students and staff at noon
* California Native Plant Society and Master Gardeners will answer your questions!
* The Food Literacy Center and TOP Club want you to eat your vegetables! Learn more!
* Learn about community development with Alchemist CDC
The Culinerdy Cruzer food-truck will be joining CRC on the quad. Chef Keith Breedlove serves seasonal and sustainable products from local businesses. He will bring his unique brand of fresh, plant-forward flavorful cuisine to CRC! Vegetarian and vegan options will be available.
Did you know? Household batteries contain toxic metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium, and nickel and should not be disposed of in the trash. Bring your used AA, AAA, C, D, 9V and Lithium cell batteries and drop them off at CRC Earth Day for responsible disposal. Please NO car batteries.